Take an extra $40.00 off when you order any frame with prescription lenses and receive FREE shipping.
Use coupon code: 40apr2014
Terms & Conditions : - Hurry! Offers expire: April 28th at 11:59pm PST - FREE Shipping for orders over $125, shipping within the continental United States.
- Minimum purchase of prescription lenses with frame is required to redeem coupon code "40apr2014".
- Offer not valid for Tag Heuer brands, Free Rx Lens Products, and Clearance Items.
- Offer not valid for prescription lens-only purchases, replacement parts and cosmetic lenses.
- Coupon code may not be used on previous purchases or combined with any current promotion.
- Partial Returns: coupon will be removed/adjusted if after returning part of your order, it becomes ineligible to redeem these offers.
- GlassesEtc.com will remove coupon and adjust your total - without notice, if the order does not meet the criteria above.
Save Up To 50% On Prescription Lenses (compared to most local Opticians) - We Only Use Top Quality Hoya, Essilor, and Varilux lenses!
See our complete list of prescription lens prices by clicking the link below. Prices vary depending on the type of frame 'rimless', 'semi-rimless', 'full frame', 'sports/googles' and based on the strength of your prescription:
At GlassesEtc.com, we do all types of prescription lens jobs. Take advantage of our FREE return shipping label today! Try any frame for size and fit. If you decide you want to add prescription lenses, contact us via phone, email, or live chat and receive a FREE Fedex return label via email (Free return label is only available when prescription lenses are being added - otherwise we can provide this label for $9.95). Fax or email us your prescription and send the frame(s) back to us in the same box to have prescription lenses added (our lens prices are typically 20-50% below your local optician and we only use Essilor/Varilux/Hoya branded lenses)! If the lenses needed are not progressives (for distance or reading only), we can even start on the lenses before the frame is back in our possession (as our systems know the shapes of the frames and lenses can be cut as soon as we have your prescription information). Typical production time is 5-10 business days (variable depending on the strength and coatings ordered).
Progressive lenses - prescription sunglasses - strong prescriptions - transitions - we do it with ease!
Do you have specific branded lenses you want us to use? We can do it. We guarantee our work - that means any prescription job where you have issues we will fix the lenses free of charge.* (*guarantee ensures replacement of lenses when prescription issues occur including incorrect prescription fulfilled, blurred vision, etc. Returning frame and lenses - vs. returning for lens replacement - are subject to our standard return policy which may include fees depending on the type of lenses and frame selected:
Need help selecting prescription lenses? View our video below on how to use our "Lens Recommendation Engine":
View Our Video on Selecting Prescription Lenses using our 'Lens Recommender':
Step 1: Select Your Prescription Lenses (or call us/email us for help)
Your options for prescription lenses materials are:
Quality Lens (CR39)
Rx up to +/- 3.00
Quality Lenses are the most commonly prescribed lens, due to their relative safety, low cost, ease of production, and outstanding optical quality. Quality Lenses are great for prescription sunglasses due to their tintability factor.
- Low Cost - Great for Prescription Sunglasses & Tinted Jobs - Thinner & Lighter than glass lenses
Rx up to +/- 5.00
Polycarbonate Lenses provides maximum impact resistance making it the material of choice for children, sports enthusiasts and rimless frames.
Trivex Lenses is impact resistant and offers superior optical quality specially when used on tinted jobs. Along with Polycarbonate and the various High-Index plastics, Trivex is a lab favorite for use in rimless frames.
Hi Index Lenses can reduce the thickness and weight of an eyeglass lens, particularly for individuals with a strong prescription. Hi Index material allows less magnification and distortion resulting in a greater cosmetic appeal to the wearer.
We recommend Anti Reflective Coatings to everyone because it will enhance your vision, improve appearance and add functionality to your new pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses. Benefits of Anti Reflective Coatings:
- Increased light transmission: The light that is reflected off non-coated lenses is passed through AR coated lenses, making vision sharper and clearer.
- Reduced eyestrain: AR eliminates glare from computer screens and reflections from the sides and back of spectacle lenses, resulting in less competition with reflections and more comfortable viewing.
- Better night vision: Reflections and glare are reduced making night vision sharper, improving night driving.
- Cosmetics: AR allows the eyes to show bright and clear without the detraction of room reflections.
Your options for Anti Reflective Coatings are:
House Anti Reflective Coating
Low cost, great benefits. The House AR Coating last about 2 years and features anti reflective properties only.
Crizal lenses come with a FREE 2-Year manufacturer replacement program (one free replacement on any scratches within the first two years of purchase). The coatings combine Anti Reflective, Anti Scratch, Anti Smudge and Dust Repellent features.
*Hoya Super Hi Vision Coating features the same benefits of the Crizal Avance Coating and is included when buying Ultra Hi Index Lenses.
An upgrade to Super Hi Vision EX3 (equivalent to Crizal Sapphire) is available upon request. Additional charges may apply.
Crizal Product Comparison Chart
If you are not sure which lens type your prescription requires, please:
After completing your order we will need to verify your prescription information and keep a copy on file for documentation purposes. Your options on submitting your prescription are:
- Fax: You may fax your prescription information to 646 807 4623 or request your Doctor's office to do so.
- Email: Simply reply to your order confirmation email with the prescription information. Please make sure include all information available for Right Eye (OD), Left Eye (OS), Add Power (ADD) and Pupillary Distance (PD).
- Please contact my Doctor for Rx: We will be happy to contact your Doctor to obtain your prescription information however please be aware that sometimes they are not allowed to release personal medical information to a third party without your consent. If that is the case, we will contact you by phone or email for an alternate option to obtain your prescription.
- Returning Customers: We keep records for 2 years, however we will not fill your prescription if your eye exam took place more than 2 years before the date of your order, without your written consent.
Once the order is placed and prescription has been verified, we will start the lenses production immediately. The average turnaround for lenses is 5-7 business days. Ultra Hi Index lens may take longer than others because of its required coating process.
Step 3: Final Inspection
We guarantee to fill your prescription to the exact specifications you provide us. All prescription eyeglasses undergo precise final inspection for prescription accuracy, frame symmetry and materials before it is shipped out.
Your Prescription has changed and you just need new lenses?
You may use your existing frame to have new lenses installed whenever your prescription changes. Simply mail your existing frame to us along with a copy of your new prescription and your contact information. We will contact you to discuss your lens options and place a phone order for the lenses of your choice.
Upon arrival at our warehouse, we will inspect your current frame and if we believe we are not able to proceed with the order for any reason, we will call/email you to make arrangements for the shipping of the frame back, which will be at your own expense.
For customers wishing to send us frames that are worn-out, please be aware that your existing frame may not withstand the pressure of having new lenses installed. Proceeding with new lens installation into an existing frame will be at the Customer's own risk.
GlassesEtc.com will not be held liable if your current frame breaks during this process.
Our Optical Department | Top Quality Brands & Fast Turnaround
GlassesEtc.com completes all prescription orders at our in-house lab which is staffed by opticians with over 25 years of experience. We only use high quality name-brand lenses, such as Essilor, Varilux and Hoya, both leaders in providing quality lenses throughout the United States. Our senior in-house opticians take the time to ensure a perfect lens match for each individual prescription and frame order, so your lenses are custom made specifically for your needs. We also offer a 100% guarantee that your prescription lenses will be made according to the information you provide us.
2) Prescription Lenses Online Price Quote: if you have your prescription information available and would like a customized price quote for the best and most affordable lens options based on the prescription you provided.